I have one recurring fear throughout my life: crustiness. I know, so extra, but any time I felt my skin on the dull side, here comes a fresh slab of lotion to make me glow. Once I got to smoking age, it only made me even more self conscious. You see, smoking naturally dehydrates you. It’s a negative fact about such a positive part of my life. Because of this, I have always been proactive about my water intake. And while remembering to drink a gallon of water a day is damn near impossible, there are a few steps you can include during your smoking routine to make sure you stay looking fresh and feeling juicy.
- Grab a cup of water with your blunt of weed. Water is so vital in maintaining lubricated insides. It’s really hard to remember to drink it, but associating it with smoking can be a handy reminder. I know at least twice a day when I grab my lighter, I also grab a bottle or cup of water to drink while I smoke. Keeps my guts juicy, and like I always say: water makes the pussy purr!
- Matter of fact, grab your Chapstick too! Lip-gloss does not count as Chapstick. If smoke is constantly passing through your lips, you gotta take care of those puckers. I am personally a fan of Burt’s Bees, but I am also known to pick up a variety of lip stuff from my local beauty supply store. Some people ask me, ”but doesn’t it get your blunt moist?” Well the answer is no. When I apply my chapstick I always rub it in completely so it’s absorbed and I can rest the blunt against my lips without a problem.
- Weed smell is ok, but not in your hair. The mixture of smoke in your hair will leave a smell until your next wash day. Whenever I smoke, I throw my hair in a ponytail at the base of my neck. Completely out of the way of any smoke. That way, when I’m done, I let my hair loose and continue on with weed free hair. I am very ok with the smell of weed from a recent smoke, but if you’re like me, you don’t wash your hair every day. Walking around with day’s old smoke in your hair is a no no.
- Always protect the nails. Whether you have short nails or long ones like mine, it’s important to remember that smoke reaches even the tiniest of nooks. When smoking without a clip, you can get a smoke stain on your nail, they can burn, hell they can even turn yellow. I always try to carry a roach clip with me, if unavailable, I use a makeshift one OR I smoke half and then leave the other half for when I’m better prepared. Any regular smoker will tell you that getting smoke smell out of the tip of your fingers is damn near impossible, buy yourself a roach clip and avoid the headache. Here is a pretty one from local canna-creator Lux Stoner.
- When your breath is wack, carry tic tacs. Sorry that was actually cheesier than I imagined it would be. The truth is, any canna-baddie knows that the number one rule is to keep a fresh breath. Drinking plenty of water can help, otherwise make sure to keep your most convenient breath fresheners on hand. My personal favorite? I’m a fan of 5 Gum which you can literally buy directly off Amazon. I used to really like chewing gum, but as I’ve gotten older, I have definitely shifted to preferring mints.
Smoking and looking schmoking go hand in hand, and while physical beauty might be relative, proper self care and hygiene are one of the most attractive traits out there. I always say, if you have dedication to smoke every day, you can have a dedicated skin care routine. Keeping yourself feeling good and looking good is great for your mental health as well. As summer approaches, temperatures go up, and so should our water intake. Don’t deprive your body of the most essential and the most affordable necessity it asks for. Lastly, never forget your SPF while headed out to an outdoor smoke sesh. For more tips, make sure to follow my blog!